Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fewest Dropped Calls? I've Got Them All Beat!

Cingular has been advertising that they have the fewest dropped calls of any network.

I don't think this is a very good measure of the quality of a network. At first, it seems good, because we've always gotten annoyed at those pesky dropped calls.

But another network may have a higher number of dropped calls for a couple of valid reasons:
1. There are more people on the network, therefore more calls.
2. The other network may be better at getting a call through when the signal is sketchy, as opposed to not even attempting to place the call to keep a high rating for not dropping.

So, as of right now, I am starting a brand new cell phone network (I think I'll call it Craigular). And you will be glad to hear that I have the fewest number of dropped calls ever. Granted, I haven't placed any calls either. In fact, I don't have any cell towers or phones. But I've got what Cingular used to have, the smallest number of dropped calls. Doesn't that make you want to join my network!?

1 comment:

Nathan Bergeron said...

Yes, yes it does!